Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Running, Squats, & Lunges....Oh My!

Last night the whole family hit up the gym
I'm down 4 lbs in the last week
and I want to continue that downward trend
Who wouldn't!?!?

Madelyn didn't have soccer practice last night
She was excited
but only briefly
Josh had her out on the fields at the Y
running sprints
shooting goals
and other soccer "stuff"

Then she came into the workout room
I was waiting for her
MORE running
The girl can run
It's in her for sure
Makes us proud

I had already been busting it out on the treadmill
HIIT workout
Have you heard of it?
High Intensity Interval Training
Yeah...It's that bad
But the best thing is
It's not a steady run
but an all out sprint for 45sec-1min
Then you jog\walk for 1.5-2 minutes
It's a GREAT workout
Keeps your metabolism revved up for so much longer

Then Madelyn and I did sit-ups, push-ups and planks
She hated me
I'm awesome like that!

We got home and she said,
"That was the best workout ever!"

Our job here is done!




No comments:

Post a Comment