Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where I'm at today...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle & humble in heart
and you will find rest for you souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light
Matthew 11:28-31


Yesterday I should have started nursing classes
but I didn't
God only knows why I was not accepted into nursing school
and I mean that in the way that, really God is the only one that knows why.

This has been my dream since I was a child
I'm not after it for the money
or the hours for sure
or the "job title"
I've said before that they could pay my $3\hr and I would be just fine with it
It's my passion!

and here I am almost 32 and I've been going to school for the last 2 years
waiting for this momet
and it's not here


Show me the path of life.
In your presence there is fullness of joy;
in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 16:11


It's my passion...
but is it God's will & purpose for me?
Again, only God know this

Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
Wait for the Lord!
Psalms 27:14

Have I mentioned that I'm awful at waiting?
but I suppose we all do.
I'm still waiting to hear about another school
but again it's the waiting
everyone else is up and going
moving on to bigger and better

That's what I'm suppose to be doing!
I keep reminding myself though that this is HIS plan, not mine

"For I know that plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you,
plans to give you HOPE and  a FUTURE"
Psalms 29:11

But it's days like today
cause we all have them
the I do want to have a "pity party" for myself,
a "woe is me" moment

and I was have "that" party this morning
but I covered myself
in the Word of God
if I don't then satan will come in an take over my spirit
and that is not a place I want to be, right now or ever
It's hard to get out of that place once you're there.

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, YOU ARE MINE.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire, you shall not be burned,
the flame shall not consume you.
For I AM the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel,
Your Savior.
Isaiah 43:1-3

If that isn't awesome stuff
then I'm not sure quite what is.

There is no denying that God is looking out for me
My Lord is with me every step of the way
There is no denying that

However,
My flesh gets in the way
and because of that I am grateful that
I have the Bible that I can go to
for awesome, truth-filled, words that can consume me and overwhelm me.
If I'm going to feel either one of those things,
God's Word is the best stuff to be consumed with and overwhelmed by!

No comments:

Post a Comment